What do you mean by being responsive? It is not about placing your opinions or putting forth a reaction against any given instance or circumstances. Rather, being responsive is all about how you choose to justify your opinion with rationally backed ideas, stances and points of arguments. So, if you have been assigned a responsive topic to work on, you cannot afford to initiate the final draft without paying heed to the following components.
- Informative summary of the response material
- Strong argumentative slants with rationally backed responses
- Direct quotations from various relevant works in order to elaborate on crucial ideas
- Compelling conclusion with key takeaways and summary of the thesis
In order to know how to draft a response paper in a way it is supposed to be, you must prioritise each of the key elements, as mentioned above. So, let’s delve deeper and explore how to write a response paper and go about it in a technically flawless manner.
Here’s everything you need to know!
How to Write a Response Paper? Basic Essentials
In order to know how to do a response paper, you must learn how to get started with it in the first place. Once you hone the skills and know how to approach a responsive topic, going about the rest of the paper would be easier. So, here are all the necessary steps and strategies one must incorporate in order to get started with response papers with a bang.
- Observe the original work or the piece of literature you are supposed to decipher.
- Once you are done with it, move on to meeting the aspect of narrowing down the work in your own words.
- It is suggested to write a summary of your readings, as part of a formal assessment of the work.
- You may also choose to mark interesting pages, extracts and quotations for future references.
- The idea is to read through the entire work thoroughly and jot down each and every major finding.
- Now, come up with a structured outline and a thesis, based on your critical understandings.
Voila! You have completed the first stage successfully. So, are you ready to advance to the next level? Let’s do it!
Writing a Response Paper – Going about the final draft
Now that you are aware of how to get started with a response paper, it’s time to explore how to go about the essentials of the final draft. So, invest some time in reading through this section and explore the bigger picture with broader overviews.
Here you go!
The first sentence of a response essay must include both the title of the work to which you would be responding, along with the name of the author. Also, make sure that the last sentence of the introductory paragraph contains an impressive, transparent and relevant thesis statement. Unless you are successful in including each of these elements, you will not be able to add perfection to the rest of the paper.
So, prioritising the first paragraph or the introductory slant of your response paper is critically important if you wish to maintain a steady flow, all throughout the write-up.
Next up, is the segment where you are supposed to state your opinions upfront and clear. Writing a response paper and determining success out of it is entirely based on how you choose to state your opinions and independent perspectives. However, merely stating an opinion isn’t enough.
For example, if you have to argue on the existence of aliens, then you need to state enough evidence in support of the same. Your responses will only be validated if you come up with ample reasons and argumentatively acceptable opinions at the end of the day.
Here are some suggestions on how you can go about this section seamlessly. Take note.
- Begin each sentence or every alternate sentence with “I feel” or “I believe”.
- It is important for you to highlight and lay stress on the fact that the statements put forth are entirely your perspectives.
- Also, you need to strike a balance between discussing the points of concerns, putting forth opinions and critiquing the original work.
- Refrain from using overly sensitive slants and points of arguments while placing an opinion.
- Focus on keeping things ethical, instead of getting too personal while expressing your response towards a particular event, in any form.
Once you are successful in abiding by the conventions as mentioned above, half the job would be done. After all, writing a response paper is all about how you choose to strategise your opinions without being unreasonably biased by any means.
How to Write a Response Paper? The 5 Essential Components
In addition to getting the hang of how to write a response paper or how to initiate the task with precision, one must get introduced to the five essential components as well. It is imperative that you know about the critical elements of a responsive essay or any other form of response papers. To simplify, you cannot ride a motorcycle without knowing how to shift gears. Quite similarly, you will not be able to know how to write a response paper without paying heed to these five critical elements.
- Summarising:You have to focus on summarising the points of responses and arguments in simple yet impactful words.
- Paraphrasing and Quoting: You can either quote important extracts from the original work, or paraphrase the existing work in your own words, along with proper referencing.
- Structuring:One must structure and organise the paper in the form of 4-5 paragraphs. Consider one paragraph for introduction, a three-fold paragraph for the body section and one for the conclusion.
- Transitions:You need to establish the right correlation between each word placed and sentences constructed. Unless you are able to place the right words, clarify each idea and come up with stronger arguments, you cannot impress readers the right way. You can implement words and phrases such as “however”, “on the one hand”, “in spite of” and the likes, in order to add up to the transitional values of your sentences.
- Ethics:As discussed earlier in this blog, you cannot be ethically incorrect with your responses. So, even before you know how to write a response paper in high-school or college, you must know how to abide by the conventions of academic ethics. The idea is simple. You just need to stay rationally relevant throughout the paper, without being personal or over the top judgemental.
So, read through the aforementioned suggestions and implement the same in your work. Now that you have honed how to write a response paper, put your best foot forward in an endeavour to top the chart during the forthcoming semester.
Still Unclear of How to Write a Response Paper?
Hire Us for Customised Soutions on Time
Are you still wondering how to write a response paper in a flawless manner? Count on our expertise and leave all worries behind. Essayassignmenthelper.com is all set to help you know how to do a response paper with well-knit customised solutions on the go.
Our team of proficient writers know how to write a response paper with proper examples and citations of relevant case studies, works of literature and the likes. Simply place an order with us and allow our stalwarts to assist you with world class response papers across a myriad of subject matters.
Moreover, you get to enjoy flat 20% off on all orders, along with another $20 sign-up bonus. So, hurry up, connect with us right away.